A Place for Growth, Discovery & Renewal
- Fri, Jul 08Oakwood Retreat CenterJul 08, 5:00 PM – Jul 15, 2:00 PMOakwood Retreat Center, 3801 S 575 E Rd, Selma, IN 47383, USAThe Anapanasati sutta is one of most revered teachings of the Buddha. The sutta starts with mindfulness of breathing, but it goes way deeper than that. On this retreat we explore this teaching in detail. It is suitable as a first “7 day” retreat, and for experienced practitioners.
- Fri, Sep 09Oakwood Retreat CenterSep 09, 4:00 PM – Sep 11, 2:00 PMOakwood Retreat Center, 3801 S. County Rd. 575 E., Selma, IN 47383, USAIt is our Mission to Create a Sacred Space in which to Expand your Knowledge and Experience of the Warmth, Power and Wisdom Taught within the Usui Reiki Healing Tradition. *(Minimum of Reiki I Certification needed to attend.)
- Tue, Sep 20Oakwood Retreat Center
- Fri, Oct 14Oakwood Retreat Center
- Fri, Dec 30Oakwood Retreat CenterDec 30, 2022, 4:00 PM – Jan 02, 2023, 1:00 PMOakwood Retreat Center, 3801 S County Rd 575 E, Selma, IN 47383, USAThe New Year is considered an auspicious time to practice. We offer an alternative way to spend this time of year; instead of noise, enjoy the quiet. This retreat is appropriate for practitioners from beginners to advanced.
Coming to Oakwood is like entering a different world than most are familiar with. The land speaks, not in words as we know them necessarily, but in a language of its own, a language that unveils the humble glories of the earth that willingly show themselves here.
Here, they are no longer held hostage, reluctant to interact. This rubs off on anyone who is ready to see and listen, who is ready to likewise show the glories that have been hidden away inside themselves. Anyone who is energy sensitive feels this immediately.
The world as we know it has its presence here, for sure, but there is something very different going on. The residents of the Oakwood Community invite you to see and feel this for yourself.
Over time, we have co-created several outdoor settings that have asked to have their presence be with us on the Oakwood campus. We are grateful for the energetic influence of beauty, peace and well-being they provide.
The Retreat Center
Oakwood Retreat Center is a host facility, providing retreat services to any group whose mission in some way seeks to contribute to the greater good. We hold the space; you do your work. We embrace your calling in great respect and with the encouragement to let whatever needs to happen during your time here to show itself.
Oakwood Retreat Center goes beyond providing “hospitality”. It is a place where an energetic climate is present that invites and cradles transformation. After hosting well over 500 retreats these past 21 years, our experience has given us the insight and wisdom that creates an extraordinary retreat environment.
We are thankful for the part Oakwood Retreat Center has played in making a difference in the lives of the thousands of guests we have had the opportunity to serve.
Our guest lodging is exceptionally clean, well-kept, neat and comfortable. Each guest room is uniquely decorated with a country vintage flare. Shared rooms and baths are the norm. Currently we have 39 beds in 21 guest rooms. We also have 2 furnished private studio apartments with queen beds. Most guest areas have full kitchens.
Only tried and true non-toxic household cleansers and pest control products are used. Air quality is constantly monitored for safety and comfort. Although Oakwood is not a fully wheelchair accessible facility, there are exterior ramps and a wheelchair accessible house with an ADA accessible bathroom.
In addition to hosting retreat groups we also host individuals who are interested in private retreat and or a family retreat such as a family reunion.
And then we feed you; do we ever. The most heard comment about meals here is “I wish I would eat like this at home.” The Oakwood residents who staff our kitchen prepare balanced, wholesome meals with exquisite care and in the awareness that truly, each meal is “Love made Chewable”. A portion of what you will eat here is grown by friends on their nearby farms. Dietary needs of most descriptions are routinely accommodated. Menu options are based in collaboration with the leaders of each retreat group.
Oakwood has three main indoor meeting spaces, 1350, 610 and 250 sq. ft., the largest of which has internet connectivity and a large screen monitor. Together, they can accommodate a wide variety of activities for groups up to 40 people.
3801 S 575 E Rd, Selma, IN 47383, USA