A Place for Growth, Discovery & Renewal
- Wed, Jun 07Oakwood Retreat Center
- Fri, Jun 16Oakwood Retreat Center
- Fri, Jun 23Oakwood Retreat CenterJun 23, 4:00 PM – Jun 25, 11:00 AMOakwood Retreat Center, 3801 S. County Rd. 575 E., Selma, IN 47383This will be an immersion in learning djembe rhythms taught by the late great Grand Master Drummer Mamady Keita. All classes will be taught by the Director of the TTMDA-Chicago branch of TTMDA, Senior Certified Instructor, M. Taylor.
- Fri, Jul 14Oakwood Retreat CenterJul 14, 4:00 PM – Jul 19, 2:00 PMOakwood Retreat Center, 3801 S County Rd. 575 E Rd, Selma, IN 47383, USAThis 5-day retreat will focus on starting wherever we are to learn to cultivate an open and caring heart that meets the world as it is right now. We will work with practices to see what it means to have an open heart and how to engage with what life offers from that open heart.
- Fri, Jul 28Oakwood Retreat Center
- Fri, Aug 11Oakwood Retreat Center
- Fri, Oct 13Oakwood Retreat CenterOct 13, 5:00 PM – Oct 18, 12:00 PMOakwood Retreat Center, 3801 S. County Rd., 575 E Rd, Selma, IN 47383, USAMedicine Begins With Me is a wellness program for individual who is interested in wholistic approach to enhance his own health and wants to broaden his understanding of non-Western approach to health and disease. The program incorporates Qigong, Taiji, and variety of energy-based modalities.
- Fri, Oct 27Oakwood Retreat CenterOct 27, 4:00 PM – Oct 29, 2:00 PMOakwood Retreat Center, 3801 S. County Rd., 575 E Rd, Selma, IN 47383, USASacred Kin Samhain is a weekend spiritual retreat for gay and bisexual men. During this time, we will celebrate and honor those queer souls who have gone before us through ritual, drumming, and more.
- Fri, Nov 10Oakwood Retreat Center
Coming to Oakwood is like entering a different world than most are familiar with. The land speaks, not in words as we know them necessarily, but in a language of its own, a language that unveils the humble glories of the earth that willingly show themselves here.
Here, they are no longer held hostage, reluctant to interact. This rubs off on anyone who is ready to see and listen, who is ready to likewise show the glories that have been hidden away inside themselves. Anyone who is energy sensitive feels this immediately.
The world as we know it has its presence here, for sure, but there is something very different going on. The residents of the Oakwood Community invite you to see and feel this for yourself.
Over time, we have co-created several outdoor settings that have asked to have their presence be with us on the Oakwood campus. We are grateful for the energetic influence of beauty, peace and well-being they provide.
The Retreat Center
Oakwood Retreat Center is a host facility, providing retreat services to any group whose mission in some way seeks to contribute to the greater good. We hold the space; you do your work. We embrace your calling in great respect and with the encouragement to let whatever needs to happen during your time here to show itself.
Oakwood Retreat Center goes beyond providing “hospitality”. It is a place where an energetic climate is present that invites and cradles transformation. After hosting well over 500 retreats these past 21 years, our experience has given us the insight and wisdom that creates an extraordinary retreat environment.
We are thankful for the part Oakwood Retreat Center has played in making a difference in the lives of the thousands of guests we have had the opportunity to serve.
Our guest lodging is exceptionally clean, well-kept, neat and comfortable. Each guest room is uniquely decorated with a country vintage flare. Shared rooms and baths are the norm. Currently we have 39 beds in 21 guest rooms. We also have 2 furnished private studio apartments with queen beds. Most guest areas have full kitchens.
Only tried and true non-toxic household cleansers and pest control products are used. Air quality is constantly monitored for safety and comfort. Although Oakwood is not a fully wheelchair accessible facility, there are exterior ramps and a wheelchair accessible house with an ADA accessible bathroom.
In addition to hosting retreat groups we also host individuals who are interested in private retreat and or a family retreat such as a family reunion.
And then we feed you; do we ever. The most heard comment about meals here is “I wish I would eat like this at home.” The Oakwood residents who staff our kitchen prepare balanced, wholesome meals with exquisite care and in the awareness that truly, each meal is “Love made Chewable”. A portion of what you will eat here is grown by friends on their nearby farms. Dietary needs of most descriptions are routinely accommodated. Menu options are based in collaboration with the leaders of each retreat group.
Oakwood has three main indoor meeting spaces, 1350, 610 and 250 sq. ft., the largest of which has internet connectivity and a large screen monitor. Together, they can accommodate a wide variety of activities for groups up to 40 people.
3801 S 575 E Rd, Selma, IN 47383, USA